Ten Interesting Facts About Cars
10 Interesting Facts About Cars
- Automobile is a French word meaning auto “self” mobile “moving”.
- The First car was a steam powered car invented by Ferdinand Verbiest in 1672
- In 1925 a Ford only cost $625.
- Ferrari makes only a maximum of 14 cars per day.
- 16 percent of people report that they “NEVER” wash their vehicle. 53% say they only wash their car 1 time per month.
- The most expensive car ever sold in the world is the 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO. It sold for $52 million dollars. This model was hand crafted and only 39 of them were made.
- The third best selling vehicle in history is the Volkswagen Golf (Rabbit). Not brought to market until 1974. 27.5 million sold and counting.
- The second best selling vehicle in history is the Ford F-Series. It was introduced in 1948. $35 million sold so far.
- The BEST SELLING VEHICLE IN HISTORY… is the Toyota Corolla. It was first built in 1966. Over $40 million have been sold.
- The fastest road legal vehicle ever built on earth is the 2010 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
– It goes 0-60 in 2.4 seconds
– 487.8 cubic centimeter engine
– W vs V configuration by fusing two V8 Engines together.
-$2.4 Million dollars to purchase
-Made to go 268 mph but the shipped vehicles max out at 258 mph to keep the tires from shredding.